QA Portal Instance Overview
As part of the development process, Pathify provides each customer with a QA portal instance that will allow customers to test and review new feature releases before they are deployed to a production portal instance.
In this article:
QA Portal Instance Access and Use
A Customer Success Manager (CSM) will provide instructions on how to access a QA Portal Instance. This typically happens during implementation. However, for those customers already live on the platform, a CSM will send instructions.
Pathify recommends the following best practices:
- Build a Review Team that represents each of the roles in the portal; this could include faculty, alumni, students, etc.
- Review the early release notes and assign a member of the review team to review 1-2 items.
- Have each review team member take notes on their feature review and share their findings with the wider team. Any major concerns can be taken back to the Pathify Customer Success Team and bugs can be reported to email@example.com.
- Have a standard checklist of items that the review team looks at during each release to ensure that the new release does not impact the end user’s experience. This could include things such as creating an announcement, launching a new page, sending private messages, etc.
QA Portal Instance Issues
- If the team finds a serious issue in their testing, they should email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so that they can attempt to reproduce the issue and resolve it as needed.
- If an issue can not be resolved prior to the targeted release date, the release may be held back until the issue can be addressed.
- Holding back the release will only occur in cases of broken features (severity 1) that can not be resolved in time and not in cases where customer testing was not completed or in cases where features are working as intended but there is a user preference to modify the behavior. In those cases, the customer should follow the normal process of making product suggestions at http://feedback.pathify.com/
Please sign in to leave a comment.