Tools Guides Overview
Tools provide users with personalized, one-click access to the systems most relevant to them.
The Tools Guides Overview provides information that is essential to utilizing additional Tools Guides. It is advised to begin with the Tools Guides Overview before proceeding.
In this article:
Organize Tools to provide quick and easy access to important information as well as consider and give permissions to users or groups of users so that they can manage Tools.
- Portal Admin must decide which Tool Categories are appropriate for their institution.
- Portal Admin should consider Tools appropriate for each Tool Category.
- Portal Admin should consider circumstances and needs appropriate for their institution that may surround Tool information and access for users.
- Portal Admin must identify users or groups of users who made need permissions to view, edit, and/or delete Tools.
- Clearer communication of important information
- Empowered users with defined object permissions
- Focused Tool information and organization
Adjust Tool Permissions
Once a Tool has been created, further configuration can be done in Admin Plus.
Tool object permissions allow an institution to give individual users or groups of users the ability to view, edit, and/or delete Tools.
Example Use: A “Testing Center” tool may be viewable by all new students, and only edited by a staff member working in the new student orientation department.
Example Use: An “Instructor Expectations” Tool may only be viewable by faculty.
Example Use: An “Advising Scheduler” Tool may be viewable by all users, but only edited by the advising department staff.
Please sign in to leave a comment.