Groups Guides Overview
Groups connect users with relevant people, discussions, announcements, events, and resources. They can be created for schools, campuses, divisions, services, and organizations.
The Groups Guides Overview provides information that is essential to utilizing Groups. It is advised to begin with The Groups Guides Overview before proceeding.
In this article:
Increase Group engagement and communication across the institution.
- Portal Admin should identify non-critical information that can be communicated in a variety of ways through Groups.
- Improved communication
- Greater sense of community
- Enhanced institution support
Post announcements to the Group discussion feed on a consistent basis - about once a week. This ensures Group members remain updated on your important announcements, while not being overwhelmed by too many post notifications.
Post Questions/Discussion Topics
Post discussion topics to the Group that are relevant to its purpose. The Group can also be a way to garner feedback, generate ideas, and create a sense of community through sharing insights and information.
Open-ended Questions Examples
- Why did you choose your current major?
- What new skills are you learning this month in your courses?
- What made you choose [insert institution's name]?
- What advice would you give to incoming freshmen?
Fill in the Blanks Examples
- I never leave home without my facemask and _______________.
- This week I will embrace ________________.
- When the course work gets tough, the tough ________________. Fill in the blank with your best advice for managing a heavy course load.
Days of the Week Posts Examples
- It’s just another manic monday! How do you survive Mondays?
- Fun FriYAY! Drop your favorite Friday themed meme below.
Survey Group Members with Polls
The polls feature in the discussion tab of a Group is an excellent way to survey the Group members at any time. Surveys can range from asking for feedback to polling Group members on fun topics as a way to generate Group engagement.
- Where is the best place to study?
- What campus Events do you want to hear more about?
- What's your favorite elective?
- What are you looking forward to in the fall semester?