Implementation Guides Overview
Implementation requires careful strategic planning, communication, and promotion. The Implementation Guides provide useful and valuable information for effective and successful implementation.
The Implementation Guides Overview provides information that is essential to utilizing Pathify Implementation Guides. It is advised to begin with The Implementation Guides Overview before proceeding.
Establish people and groups on campus to promote usage of the platform across campus and look toward continuous improvement and future needs.
- Portal Admin must select at least two institution champions specific to the Pathify platform.
- Portal Admin must assemble an advisory group specific to the Pathify platform.
- One Pathify Champion will engage stakeholders.
- One Pathify Champion will utilize IT resources.
- The Pathify Strategic Advisory Team Role will review, reflect, and move toward continuous improvement of Pathify platform use.
- Increased usage of the Pathify Platform
- Improved efficiencies, strategies, and new ideas
- Continuous development and improvement of Pathify platform usage
Gather Pathify Champions
Identify at least two institution champions specific to the Pathify platform. Pathify Champions should be incorporated early into the process because they will greatly impact and potentially oversee two vital aspects of the system.
- Pathify Champion #1
- "Business" side administrator working out of any office (Provost, Communication, Innovation, Student Success, etc.)
- Should excite other stakeholders about the system
- Should have a degree of authority by which to ask stakeholders to try/use the system
- May exhibit creative uses of the platform and will likely be connected to other Pathify customer business champions for ideation over time
- Pathify Champion #2
- IT stakeholder
- Should be someone who can get IT resources mobilized for any programmatic or development need
- Should understand the institutional workflows for releases, announcements, reporting, etc.
These two Pathify Champions are likely also strong candidates for the Pathify Strategic Advisory Team or a Steering Committee.
Create a Pathify Strategic Advisory Team
The Pathify Strategic Advisory Team will be needed throughout the implementation process and potentially beyond. This team may meet once or twice a semester to review usage of the Pathify platform.
This team serves an important role:
- See usage statistics
- Hear user stories
- Bring suggestions for better adoption or use of the mobile or web tools
Remember that most systems do not transform an organization until they have become habituated in use. While a few visionaries can often see the potential power of a new technology, most users need to be with the new technology for a year or so. Consider regular check-ins or a full committee who will meet throughout.