Announcements and Notifications Overview
The Announcements and Notification feature provides ways to communicate information to users on the platform. Notifications can be adjusted for receipt of relevant updates through channels a user prefers. Announcements are communicated in three ways:
- Notices are used to provide important information to users.
- Alerts are used to provide urgent information to users.
- Emergency Announcements are used to provide urgent emergency information to users.
In this article:
Set up Role-Based Announcements
If a user has global permissions to send Announcements, then the user has the ability to send Announcements to all user Roles on the platform.
User Options > Admin Plus > Users > Roles
1. Click on User Options.
2. Select Admin Plus from the drop-down menu.
3. Scroll down to Users.
4. Select Roles.
5. Click the Role to receive the Announcement (example, Student).
6. Click Object Permissions.
7. Select the Role to send the Announcement (example, Faculty).
8. Click Manage role.
9. Move "Can send notice to this role" to Chosen Permissions.
10. Click Save in the lower right-hand corner.
11. Return to Object Permissions to confirm that the Faculty Role can send Announcements to the Student Role.