Engagement Guides Overview
Finding ways to engage a variety of users in the portal is necessary to its success and continued use. That are many ways to engage current users and even graduates.
Promote continued engagement with Alumni and build stronger connections between graduates and current students.
- Portal Admin must set up an Alumni View for Alumni users.
- Portal Admin should consider provisioned Alumni and object permissions.
- Portal Admin should consider ways for continued engagement with Alumni.
- Stronger connection between Alumni and other graduates
- More informed Alumni
- Alumni access to important resources and career services-type groups
- Better facilitated relationship between current students and Alumni
Set up Alumni View in the Portal
To begin the process of setting up an alumni view in your portal, contact a Customer Success Manager for assistance.
When adding alumni to the portal, students and alumni would have the ability to search and message each other.
Adding Alumni to the Platform
Provision alumni users into your current platform and provide an alternate link for alumni users to access the portal without SSO.
Object Permissions for Alumni
Should you decide to provision alumni into your platform, you can control what the role of ‘Alumni’ will have access to in Pathify by utilizing object permissions. Object Permissions will allow you to set which Tools, Groups, and Pages will be viewable by the alumni role.
Example Use: An institution may create job networking sites and university news as Tools that are only visible to the alumni role.
Example Use: An institution may create an Alumni Group Type containing groups titled Career Services for Alumni and Alumni Mentors. Group creation within these categories may be enabled so that alumni users can create special interest groups.
Example Use: Pages featuring information on university happenings, how to get involved as an alumni, and resume services for newly graduated students may be shared with alumni.
Promote Engagement for Alumni
After adding Alumni to the portal, it is important to have continued engagement. There are many ways to engagement Alumni that portal Admin may consider:
- Share Job Postings
- Share Resume Tips/Advice
- Connect current students with Alumni who are employed in careers of interest to them
- Create a Career Services Group for Alumni who are looking for employment