Implementation Guides Overview
Implementation requires careful strategic planning, communication, and promotion. The Implementation Guides provide useful and valuable information for effective and successful implementation.
The Implementation Guides Overview provides information that is essential to utilizing Pathify Implementation Guides. It is advised to begin with The Implementation Guides Overview before proceeding.
In this article:
Provide guidance navigation, nomenclature, and other processes for using the Pathify platform on campus.
- Portal Admin should assign the task of creating, maintaining, and owning a Pathify Style Guide to a Strategic Advisory Team.
- Strategic Advisory Team should create a Pathify Style Guide that provides users with further guide of using the Pathify platform specific to their institutions needs.
- Portal Admin should provide for ongoing feedback and reflection regarding platform use.
- High level of comfort and ease with using the platform
- Solid understanding of platform navigation
- Clearly outlined processes for users to follow
Create a List of Portal Definitions
Providing terms, definitions, and examples for the platform will provide users with a common form of communication.
Examples of terms, definitions, and examples can provide clarity:
- What defines a Group, Page, or Tool? What sets these features apart from each other? What do they share?
- What information is considered appropriate for a Tool vs. a Page? For example, should a website redirect to a college directory be considered a Tool or a Page?
- Should a Group be created without an end user's ability to post? Perhaps that content should be formatted as a Page?
Defining these commonly used features and communicating how they are to be used at an institution will make a positive impact on user experience and usage.
Communicate Portal Guidelines
Providing basic guidelines for feature use will ensure a more consistent user experience.
Guidelines will give users more structure when using features:
- Should there be guidelines set around Announcements? Should Announcements contain graphics? What kinds of graphics should Announcements contain?
- How should Notices differ from Alerts and Emergency Announcements? Should Emergency Announcements have an expiration?
- What types of attachments are appropriate for Posts?
- What are appropriate types of Resources?
- Are there certain banner/thumbnail/image choices (colors, copyright, etc.) that Group Admins should always choose from?
Outline Portal Processes
Providing clear processes will help users feel more comfortable using the platform.
Processes should include detailed instructions and additional resources for finding information:
- What is the process for going beyond a Pinned Post?
- Can a Group Admin request that their announcement be made system wide (or for a larger audience of some kind). If so, what is the process?
- If there are certain images to use, then how do Group Admin get access to those files?