Google Maps Widget Integration Overview
Google Maps is the leading solution for finding points of interest, directions, traffic information, and much more. When integrated, the Google Maps Widget will import a saved, public Google Map of your creation into a Widget that can be manipulated, zoomed in/out of, and toggled between map types. Additionally, the Google Map can be configured (within Google Maps) to display as many or as few layers of the map to reveal or hide different points of interest.
- Admins can share a custom-made Google Map that refreshes immediately within the Widget upon an update to the map.
- Admins can configure a CTA button that sends users to an external (or internal) link.
- Within the Google Maps Widget, users can move the map, zoom in/out, select different pins, and toggle the map type.
- Clicking on the map in the Widget will immediately send the user to that map linked from Google Maps where the user can enjoy full functionality.
- Navigate to https://www.google.com/maps/about/mymaps/ and select Get Started.
- Select Create a New Map.
- Now create your map! Include any layers, markers, or directions your map could need.
- Once finished, select Share.
- In the dialog box popup, ensure that the Anyone with this link can view toggle is enabled.
- Select Close.
- Select Menu (ellipses icon), then select Embed on my site.
- Copy the iFrame URL to be used as the URL in the Recipe, then select OK.
Only the URL provided in the embed link is needed. It must begin with "https://".
- Navigate to Admin Center > Integrations & Widgets > Recipe Library > Google Maps Widget.
- Paste the iFrame URL in the appropriate data field.
- Complete all other applicable data fields in the Recipe, then click Submit.
Congratulations! You created a custom, public Google Map and completed the Google Maps Widget integration.